Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Thing First


When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and Hang on.
-Thomas Jefferson

I like playing; I play with words. They aren’t inanimate abstractions. They have flesh and blood. They are shaped by the nature around them. Some of them are gaudy, garish, tawdry, loud, garrulous; others bland, murky, mundane, subtle, soothing. Some live fanatically by your side, no matter what. They do Brownian motion in my head, random, straight, innocuous changing direction only when hit by the enclosed wall. I wanted to apply a field force to give them a direction. I have to say this. Starting my blog and writing it regularly was one of my objectives of coming to Stanford, for the simple reason that, I thought, time would be very ripe to do so. I have joined a full time management program which is giving me umpteen amount of opportunity for self-reflection. The urge to express my feelings about life, family, career, politics, education, creativity, poverty, entrepreneurship, and so on had become irrepressible. 

I sincerely started to think about my blog title and after stirring my creative juices some more, came up with the word "OptiMystique". I am an optimistic - a true blue on that. There is no doubt about this in my mind. My subsequent posts will corroborate this fact even more. For now, I will dwell a bit more on the unusual but appropriate title. There is something about my facade which is enigmatic. Over the years, this facade has been gaining life. Like a strange creature, of a movie, dormant in the beginning but gaining life gradually only to grow ferociously difficult to handle. The mystique in my optimism represents everything that I am not, at least I want to believe so, and still it is my integral self. I have no control on it, there never was. It's like a child disavowed and left to flourish on the perils of a thousand forces of nature. It's not under my control, it doesn't even have my consent to grow on me, still it shapes consequentially, if not considerably, my electric field or magnetic field or whatever field human being exudes. That's why, I am an OptiMystique. Selecting a title that reflects, in a way, who I am, and at the same time creates some literary effects too would be a good idea, I believe.

Enough for the ground work. The mission that I am embarking upon, I hope to continue for a long time with the desire of touching upon matters of mind and heart, love and hate, passion and pleasure, price and prejudice, spirituality and earthiness, hope and despair, entrepreneurship and servility. This is the beginning of a wonderful journey. Everyone is invited. You would be pleasantly surprised, if you become part of my voyage, I promise. After all, I am an OptiMystique.

1 comment:

  1. You never know how strong you are until being strong is only option you have left and that strong feeling comes up only when you believe in yourself.while going through the up side down of your personal description, one can easily understand that being strong in tough and difficult situation is your strength rather your nature and the same is backed by your believe and confidence in yourself.

    I would love to be a part of an sparkling individual, who's self confidence and believe not only motivates others but also give them a way and hope of improvisation. All the best !!!!

    ReplyDelete